Green Commute Initiative is actually a Social Enterprise with a vision to get commuters out of cars and onto any kind of bike.
Commuting on an E-Bike helps reduce pollution and congestion from cars, we recommend Green Commute Initiative`s Cycle to Work Scheme.
Reasons To Choose GCI
- Not-For-Profit Social Enterprise promoted by electric bike enthusiast.
- They are HMRC compliant plus fully authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
- Buyers are not restricted to only £1,000 limit compared to other cycle to work schemes.
- GCI are a friendly team positive about E-Bike riding replacing short car journeys - Where-Ever-Possible.
- Fast and online payment process system assists Moor EBikes in delivering orders to buyers quickly.
How the scheme works overall
Its important for you to understand that the Government’s Cycle to Work scheme is based on bicycle hire with no automatic right to ownership at the end of the hire period. You will not own the bike during the hire period. You will be hiring the bike from GCI and we will retain the ownership until we agree otherwise. We will write to you with ownership options at the end of the hire period, ensuring HMRC rules are adhered to. Unlike other scheme providers, we will not charge you a 7% end-of-scheme fee. We want you to make the maximum possible savings.
GCI Summary Points
- Anything defined as a bicycle under the Road Traffic Act. So that’s a yes to conventional bikes ofcourse, electric bikes, cargo e-bikes, but a no to scooters, e-mopeds, electric motorbikes or anything that just isn’t a bicycle.
- E-Bike with two wheels or more will normally be allowed, so pedal assisted e-bike and cargo carrying e-bike are OK.
- The bike must be from a reputable brand, approved for the UK and, if they are electric, comply with the government’s rules on E-bikes.
- Accessories and safety equipment can be included in your package and this includes racks, child seats, locks, lights, helmets, and clothing.
- Anything removing any speed restrictions from an e-bikes is not allowed because then it may be a e-moped, not a bicycle. That would breaks the rules.
- Tailor-made packages, the final decision as whether all is suitable for the scheme is down to Green Commute Initiative.
Go to https://www.greencommuteinitiative.uk/faqs-2/ For any answers to any questions you may have surrounding purchasing through the scheme.
So now, what are you waiting for?
Speak to your HR department and contact us at Moor E-Bikes we are a Manchester based dedicated EBike shop.
Please Note * The Government announced on the 23rd September 2022 that from 6th November 2022, the temporary 1.25 percentage point increase in National Insurance rates is being reversed for the rest of the financial year. From 6th November 2022, the savings on the Cycle to Work Scheme will reduce from 33.25%, 43.25% or 48.25% to 32% for basic rate tax payers, 42% for higher rate tax payers or 47% for additional rate tax payers.
- Green Commute Initiative Ltd
- 2 Old Bath Road, Newbury, Berkshire. RG14 1QL
- 020 3740 1836
For any employers; Moor E-Bikes highly recommend Green Community Initiative.
GCI are Registered in England. No: 10315668. Authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority: FRN 755361. VAT Registration number: GB 253 1578 08.